7.11.2011

Funmeter = Epicness

When I bought this bike a week ago it was pretty clapped out. I instantly took it home and ordered parts to bring it back to life. One week later and the top end has been rebuilt, new pads, wheel bearings, dual sport kit, rubber, complete rewire, and probably the single handed biggest investment(and best power purchase) a pumper carb. I just took a quick spin around the neighborhood and not only did the motor not blow up(I was slightly worried since its the first top end I have ever done) but it wants to pull the wheel off the ground through fourth! Pretty stoked for a minimal investment. A few aesthetic things to change and then this beetch is headed to the CO woods for Rouser fest 2011!

11 comments:

Rob said...

Yeah Jake, looks killer! Don't forget the skid plate...

Hobbs said...

Put it on two milliseconds after I took this photo.

48 hours.....

Jackieshan said...

That's RAD!! I'll be in CO the 20th-25th - St. Elmo area. If you guys are around there we should get a ride in. Except I'll be on the new Husky 510. You might need a little more than the pumper carb to keep up. Haha. Seriously though, when are you headed to CO?

Rob said...

Yeah get your"Skinnymoto" on board with Jake and make this happen!

Also, Julian if you are reading these comments, here's your call out!

Sean said...

is the rouser fest a invite only thing....cause dirt ridin in CO is absolutely up my alley.

Rob said...

Get on the escape plan Teen Wolf! You are now expected to be here...

Anonymous said...

Can you touch the ground on that? (I mean I had to ask...)

Hobbs said...

Brandon-
Its pretty obvious that such a short fellow like myself would have a hard time touching the ground. So, I reached out to Tom Cruise for a pair of his signature shoe lifts. I shoul have no problem now. I still pull up next to curbs when I want to stop though. No curbs = Fall over

Anonymous said...

I'm on tippy toe status at stop lights on the YZ, and I'm 6'8" give or take an inch or so.

Sean said...

let me know where and when and I'll come and ride. even if it's just for a day.....gotta goto yellowstone first.

Teledan said...

I like it! What all did you do to the top end?